Deadline: 22 May 2018 (23:59 Central European Time CET/CEST)
The overall goal of the Programme is to provide the selected JPOs with a comprehensive overview of the Organization, and in particular familiarize them with the OSCE programmatic approach and managerial framework. JPOs will be offered the opportunity of gaining hands-on work experience in two different subject areas during a six-month period at the Secretariat (September 2018 – February 2019) and a six-month period in a field operation (March – August 2019). Placements at the OSCE Secretariat for this 20th Round of the Programme will also be available in offices which provide operational and management support.
Only nationals of the 57 OSCE Participating States are eligible to apply.
- A graduate degree issued by an accredited university in the a subject relevant to the OSCE mandate including but not limited to economics, finance, accounting, human resources, environmental studies, educational/social sciences, law, international law/human rights, international criminal law, terrorism studies, Central Asian or East European studies, peace and conflict studies.
- Applicants should be under the age of 30
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other OSCE working languages is desirable especially working knowledge of Russian would be a strong asset
- Excellent physical condition with ability to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
- Hold a valid driving licence
Each of the five/six JPOs will receive a monthly training allowance of EUR 1.000 and will be enrolled in the OSCE health and life/accident/disability insurance schemes. Travel expenses by most economic route to/from the country of residence to Vienna and to/from Vienna to the respective field operation will also be covered by the OSCE. Successful candidates will be responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements in Vienna/at the duty station, however, the OSCE is willing to provide advice, if required.
Find out more on the official website
Explore other Young Professionals Programs