(beginning August 2022, +/- 35 weekly hours)
The Vienna Master of Arts in Applied Human Rights at the University of Applied Arts Vienna was established in spring 2020 in reaction to present-day challenges generated by digitalization, globalization and neoliberalism. The Vienna Master of Arts in Applied Human Rights offers students an in-depth interdisciplinary education in the history, philosophy, politics, as well as legal dimension of the international human rights standards and their protection mechanisms by international organizations. The program also offers practical applicability of artistic and cultural work in creating opportunities for promoting, protecting and implementing human rights.
More information about the program: https://appliedhumanrights.uni-ak.ac.at/
– We are looking for 4 program assistants from diverse academic backgrounds, including but not limited to:
o communication/management or related field,
o law/political science/social sciences or related field,
o visual/performing/multidisciplinary arts or related field.
- Great communication and writing skills in English (knowledge of other languages is a plus)
- Strong interest in human rights
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially communication, flexibility, team player, creative, management and organization skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) / Social Media / Zoom
- Applicants must be able to receive a scholarship through the Erasmus+ Traineeships programme of their university
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative tasks: a wide variety of office support, monitoring and organizing file and library inventory, organizational support of various meetings, events, and trips
- Curricular support: provide feedback on the courses and lectures and create positive improvements in courses offered by the university program, provide technical seminar support, liaise between students/staff/lecturers
- Communicative support: managing the program’s social media presence, writing blogs, marketing
- Research support in the intersection of human rights and arts
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, please send a motivation letter (max. 1 page) and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘’VMAAHR_Erasmus+_Traineeship_(your name)’’ by 24 May 2022.
In your motivation letter, please address the following questions:
- How would you combine human rights with arts in educational settings?
- Describe your interest in human For example, share an experience when you felt inspired by human rights.
- In your experience, what is the key to developing a good team?