|Employer||Land is Life|
|Deadline||29. September 2021|
|Level||Senior-level (7+ years experience required)|
The Organization: Land is Life
Land is Life was founded in June of 1992 at the World Conference of Indigenous Peoples on Territories, Environment and Development. This historic gathering was held in the days leading up to the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (also known as the Earth Summit), and was a defining moment in the international movement for Indigenous peoples’ rights. Land is Life was formed to continue the work of that began at this conference and support the realization of indigenous peoples’ rights to self-determination and collective ownership of their lands, territories, resources and knowledge.
To learn more, please visit Land is Life’s website.
The Opportunity: Executive Director
The Executive Director (ED) reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors. The ED will be responsible for ensuring the ethical and transparent financial and operational functioning of the organization and will work in partnership with Land is Life’s Program Directors (in Latin America, Asia, and Africa) and US based staff to ensure the effectiveness and success of the organization’s programs and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Acknowledged leadership in advancing indigenous peoples’ rights.
- A proven ability to constructively engage a variety of external partners and stakeholders including Indigenous communities, governments, multilateral institutions, NGOs, and development organizations.
- Experience managing projects and teams in a geographically dispersed environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient English language skills; multilingual skills a plus, particularly Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swahili, or Indonesian.
- Strong organizational, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel globally and work equally well independently or as part of a team.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: James Laing or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422