The Human Rights Education (HRE) Assistant will be responsible for administrative and coordination support to the Regional HRE Coordinator in Europe and Central Asia (ECA). They will assist in logistical and coordination tasks to deliver Amnesty human rights education projects and activities in the region.
You will have a passion for human rights and proven experience in assisting and coordinating within a team, including strong experience in providing administrative support. You will also have experience in managing databases and learning systems.
- Provide target audience, in particular Amnesty HRE staff and learners, with sufficient and prompt administrative support to the Regional HRE team
- Facilitate the organisation of local and regional HRE meetings, online and offline events, including making logistical, financial and travel arrangements, keeping minutes and reporting
- Participate in planning, organisation and coordination of field missions and other relevant travel and educational activities, including preparing budgets, logistical support and reporting
- Assist with human rights education materials development through the production and distribution of educational materials as delegated or originated HRE staff, including drafting, formatting, editing/proof-reading, distribution of HRE, including on social media and supporter journeys, and, where appropriate, coordinating the translation of materials
- Contribute to the development of region-wide strategies and plans for HRE (including related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine) and provide input into internal discussions on Amnesty mission and policy in order to increase the effectiveness of Amnesty’s work
- Participate in coordinating the work of the team and contribute to the overall flexibility of resource use, including through providing cover for other Regional Office staff as agreed with management, and participating in recruitment and other corporate tasks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of human rights issues in Europe and Central Asia
- Passion and experience in supporting the development and administrating education activities, including offline, online, and blended learning journeys
- Experience or knowledge of learners’ (or other audiences) community management, including on social media
- Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing, and communicate complex issues with sensitivity to target audiences
- Experience of information management and maintaining learning environments, including databases, learning management systems (LMS), web analytics systems, etc
- Excellent knowledge of technological systems, including Microsoft package – Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI, Teams, PowerPoint; ability and willingness to learn new systems and quickly
- Full proficiency in English; Russian, Ukrainian or any other regional language – highly desirable.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.