ABOUT THE ROLE
The urgent human rights issues in the Eastern Europe and Central Asia region are hugely varied and demanding.
This role will assist in the development and implementation of research, campaigning and communication strategies of the EECA teams working on the Russia/Ukraine conflict and regional and globally related issues, including by monitoring developments; managing information and communications systems; drafting and assisting in the production of documents; participating in the coordination of the work of the team and providing administrative and other support including in relation to field work and response to crisis.
You will be an organised self-starter with experience in facilitating the running of a busy office, helping to ensure that teams are working efficiently, and internal and external communications are fluid and effective. You will have an interest in developing your knowledge of campaigning, research and communications on and around human rights and getting involved in Amnesty International’s work in these areas.
- Assist the EECA team’s research, communication, campaigning and growth activities
- Monitor and maintain an overview of relevant political and human rights developments in relation to the Russia/Ukraine conflict and related regional and global issues
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external interlocutors
- Participate in the planning, organization, and coordination of field research and other relevant AI missions and travel and campaign activities
- Contribute to the team’s response during a crisis or unexpected work
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and manage administrative and communications systems and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Regional Office-wide strategies and plans for research, campaigning and
- Participate in coordinating the work of the team and contribute to the overall flexibility of resource use
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of the EECA region. Understanding of and commitment to human rights issues in the region.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to draft and proof-read research, communication and campaign materials tailored to the appropriate audience
- Ability to gather and process human rights-related information/material
- Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing, and communicate complex issues with sensitivity audiences
- Experience of establishing and maintaining office systems and coordinating an efficient flow of communications and information
- Experience of information management, including the creation and maintenance of electronic databases
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and have:
- more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
- more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role‘ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.Apply now