|Employer||Open Society Foundations|
|Deadline||24. April 2020|
|Level||Mid-career (3-7 years experience required)|
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your experience as a diversity, equity and inclusion professional? We’re seeking a Project Officer for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with the Human Resources team. The role will be based in Berlin.
The Human Resources team, comprised of 60+ members, sits in our Berlin, London and New York offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of generalists spanning the North America, Latin America, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, Africa, South West Asia, and Asia Pacific regions, as well as HR specialists comprised of Talent Development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Compensation & Benefits, Diversity Equity, and Inclusion, and Recruitment.
As a Project Officer for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Open Society, you will:
• Develop a long-term project and activity plan to contribute to OSF organizational goal to become a more inclusive workplace;
• Manage our Inclusion Liaison Team program, which includes the selection, training and support for a network of teams in our hub and regional offices of 5-8 staff members serving 1-2 year terms, and creating DEI campaigns in support of creating a more inclusive environment in their home offices;
• Liaise with multiple internal stakeholders, including the leadership group on inclusion, hub and regional office directors, and people managers, to coordinate and consult about the implementation of the ILT activities and other related projects;
• Develop regular communications to keep key stakeholders and the organization informed of the program and activities;
• Develop and propose metrics to track progress;
• Support the design and implementation of global DEI trainings;
• Support the integration of cultures in the Berlin office, comprised of staff relocated from our former office in Budapest and staff recently hired in Berlin, to foster an inclusive work environment for all.
What we are looking for:
• Expertise in the field of diversity, equity and inclusion and access to network of resources and references to support this work;
• Excellent program management skills, prior experience managing a global network for teams (e.g. Employee Resource Groups, Fellowship or Mentorship programs, or similar) a plus;
• Strong understanding of cultural differences and the proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization;
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and judgment regarding sensitive and confidential issues;
• Proven ability to prioritize a wide range of assignments and consistently deliver at a high level of quality in high pressure, fast-paced environments;
• Experience with conflict management, mediation, and/or coaching strongly desired;
• Experience with DEI and Organizational Effectiveness training preferred;
• Experience with verbal and written communications in English (multilingual abilities a plus).
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 24 April 2020.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.Apply now