Are you interested in technology, science and diplomacy? The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) partnered with global academic centres of excellence to offer a summer programme to train the next generation of leaders. Alumni of the programme will master the impact of technologies of this century and the next on the politics and diplomacy of tomorrow.
UNITAR’s Executive Summer Programme on Innovations in Science Diplomacy will triangulate education, research and leadership. It will aim to educate the next generation of leaders in the field of science diplomacy and technology; facilitate research with questions and data that generate actions with evidence and options that contribute to informed decision-making; and provide leadership with science-diplomacy networks that build common interests across our globally-interconnected civilization.
At the end of the Programme, successful participants will receive a certificate of participation. Certificates will be awarded and signed by UNITAR and faculty from the Program on Negotiation (PON) at the Harvard Law School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of Massachusetts Boston (UMass Boston), Boston University (BU), Swissnex Boston and the Science Diplomacy Center.
The Executive Summer Programme will be offered through interactive online workshops (e-workshops).
The material presented during the Programme will be interactive and assignments will be given for participants to further advance their knowledge.
All participants will take part in highly interactive exercises in order to further enhance the participants’ understanding of each topic.
In addition, participants will also have access to UNITAR’s Virtual Learning Environment where they will be able to access the training material and other wealth of information. Course materials will include:
- Test-yourself gauges for readings.
The resource persons/trainers are experts in the field of science diplomacy and technology coming from both academic and policy circles.
- Professor Paul Berkman, Associated Fellow, UNITAR / Faculty Associate, Program on Negotiation (PON) at the Harvard Law School / Associate Director of Science Diplomacy, Harvard-MIT Public Disputes Program
- Professor Larry Susskind, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Professor Maria Ivanovaand Dean David W. Cash, University of Massachusetts (UMass) – John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies
- Professor Dean Adil Najam, Boston University (BU) -Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies
- Jonas Brunschwig, swissnex Boston.
The programme will run from 21 June – 2 July 2021. Interested participants can apply until the 31 May 2021.
In case of query, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now to the Executive Summer Programme on Innovations in Science Diplomacy!