University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School Global Institute for Human Rights Certificate Program, May 28-31, 2024 – Registration is now open.
The Global Institute of Human Rights Certificate Program is an immersive, live virtual online course of study aimed at undergraduate students, graduate students, and new career professionals passionate about a career in human rights advocacy, or just looking to enhance their understanding and awareness of the laws, norms, policies, movements, and strategies critical towards addressing the world’s most pressing human rights challenges. This opportunity is unique compared to traditional academic studies of human rights, as the focus of this program is to bring working human rights advocates from around the world to the table, allowing them to share their experiences with the next generation of human rights advocates.
Program highlights include:
- Theory Blended with the Examination of Developing Trends in Human Rights
- Unique Chance to Directly Learn from Leaders and Experienced Practitioners in the Field
- Opportunity to Discover How Human Rights Intersects with Other Careers
- Sessions designed to offer a Gateway to Becoming an Effective Leader & Advocate for Human Rights
- Opportunity to Network with Peers & Fellow Advocates from Across the Globe
Taking place May 28 through 31, the 2024 Global Institute for Human Rights Certificate Program will be a four-day, live, virtual (online) experience that aims to provide a firm understanding of a range of issues, including, but not limited to: LGBTQ+ rights; refugee and migrant rights; women, peace, and security; environmental and climate justice; artificial intelligence for good; and access to justice and technology.
All participants who complete the program will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School.